Optimist welcomes volunteers of all
ages and listed below are a number
of ways you can participate. The list
is not all inclusive and we are always
open to new ideas and suggestions:
· Wrap Christmas gifts for foster children and help with set-up, crafts and clean-up for
our Foster Family Holiday Party in December and/or our Foster Family Picnic in May.
· Offer your time as a guest speaker for our residential youth at our Main Campus or
· Facilitate a class in a specialized field for our youth (art classes, poetry/creative
writing, music, jewelry making, etc.)
· Procure and prepare gift baskets for Thanksgiving and Christmas for the families of
our residential youth, foster children and/or foster families.
· Distribute information about our programs at local malls, businesses, churches and
· Tutor during school hours.
· Assist in our Auto Shop or in one of our computer classes.
To learn more about any of these opportunities or to sign-up as a volunteer, please contact: