Optimist welcomes volunteers of all
ages and listed below are a number
of ways you can participate. The list
is not all inclusive and we are always
open to new ideas and suggestions:
· Mentor a child (click here to learn more about our mentoring program)
· Wrap Christmas gifts for foster children and help with set-up, crafts and clean-up for
our Foster Family Holiday Party in December and/or our Foster Family Picnic in May.
· Offer your time as a guest speaker for our residential youth at our Main Campus or
· Facilitate a class in a specialized field for our youth (art classes, poetry/creative
writing, music, jewelry making, etc.)
· Procure and prepare gift baskets for Thanksgiving and Christmas for the families of
our residential youth, foster children and/or foster families.
· Distribute information about our programs at local malls, businesses, churches and
· Tutor during school hours.
· Assist in our Auto Shop or in one of our computer classes.
To learn more about any of these opportunities or to sign-up as a volunteer, please contact:
Volunteer/Mentor Coordinator & Family Finding Specialist
Optimist Youth Homes & Family Services
6957 N. Figueroa Street, PO Box, 41-1076 Los Angeles, CA 90041
Optimist Youth Homes
& Family Services
6957 N. Figueroa St. Box 41-1076 Los Angeles, CA 90041-1076
Telephone: (323) 443-3175
Thank You for all your support!