WAYS TO GIVE
We appreciate and count on the generosity of donors like you!
Please read before making a donation.
• All gifts in-kind are accepted on a case-by-case basis.
• Please email us a description of the item(s) you wish to donate, including photos if possible, and we will get back to you within 48 business hours if we are able to accept the donation.
• Each donation is considered based on current need, storage availability, and condition.
• Donors must have scheduled an appointment time to drop off the donation. We are unable to accept walk-in or drive-by donations without an appointment.
• Donors must transport or mail the accepted donated items to either our Highland Park or Woodland Hills location. Only on rare occasions are we able to offer transportation/delivery or pick-up a donation.
Optimist Youth Homes & Family Services Wish List. Thank you so much for your donation.
Optimist Youth Homes
& Family Services
6957 N. Figueroa St. Box 41-1076 Los Angeles, CA 90041-1076
Telephone: (323) 443-3175
Thank You for all your support!
We are always in need of items and accept the following donation of goods and services throughout the year.
Please note: All items must be new unless otherwise noted. Unfortunately, we are not able to accept used clothing donations, bandanas of any kind, and/or items with logos on them. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
Hand sanitizers (travel size most needed & alcohol based 60%+)
Disinfectant wipes and sprays
(CDC recommended formulas to protect against coronavirus)
Apple desktop computer
(used but in working condition is ok. This is a request from our music therapy program.)
Large walk-in freezer for industrial use
(Used but in working order is ok. This is a request from our maintenance department.)
(Various new supplies are needed for various administrative departments.)
(non-perishable food items are occasionally accepted to help the families we serve in times of need.)
(They’re distributed as graduation gifts, positive reinforcement, and when a family we serve is in need. Please consider donating cards (all amounts accepted) from major Southern California retailers such as Target, Best Buy, gas stations, grocery stores, Amazon, etc.)
Clothes Washer and Dryer
(gas hookups for dryer)*
Punching bags & gloves*
Travel sized suitcases or duffle bags*
Sports equipment (especially balls)
Backpacks (will start accepting in 2021)
Bedroom throw rugs & decorative pillows
Arts & craft supplies
Movie & sporting event passes
Books (for ages 12-18)
Shampoo & Conditioner
Body wash, shower gel & lotion
Items to help the foster youth we serve
General wish list items
View more items on our Amazon Wish List! New items are added weekly!
*denotes that gently used items are accepted
Chief Advancement and Communications Officer